Re: Suspension ban in the works?!!!

To: "Jay Fishbein" <type79@ix.netcom.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Suspension ban in the works?!!!
From: "Robert B. Houston Vice President of Sales Transervicios S.A. de C.V." <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 17:18:30 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jay, you wrote:

>Since this type of legislation is obviously aimed at the 4 wheelers who
>create unsafe vehicles through abnormal modifications.....

This type of thinking is the type that will ban all "automatic
guns"..thinking they are stopping Uzi drive bys...and then preventing me
from owning the 20 guage shot gun passed down from my dad that I plan to
teach my grandson to hunt with.

Do you really trust the legislators to get it right?  There are already
enough laws on the books concerning safe use of a motor vehicle, and the
condition it must be in.  The answer is in effective enforcement. (same can
be said of gun laws, but that's another subject)

Vigilence is indeed the price of freedom.

Robert Houston
1963 TR4
1994 Ford F150 4x4 (no non factory suspension modifications except for
occasional use of snow chains)
1995 Neon (that I can't let the grandkids sit in the front seat of, thank
you very much)