Re: Frontline REAR shocks

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Frontline REAR shocks
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 18:03:09 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> Hi, it's me again - he who still hasn't bought shocks, but can't shut up
> about them.
> I am considering to order Frontline shock kits for front and rear from the
> UK.  Including UPS, it's about $820 for everything - ouch!
> They use AVO shocks now which supposedly work better for the Spridget.
> I know enough about their front kit, but they have one for the rear that
> mounts the shock _vertically_ !

A friend of mine has tube shocks on the front and rear of his 67 AH
Sprite. The shocks are from a Vette and are short. The car handles great
and the ride is decent. He fabricated the supports himself and I have
the plans that he drew up and used. If there were enough response, I
might consider offering the plans for a nominal fee (e.g. $10). Is
anyone interested?

* Tom Shirley                                             *
* Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)              *
* 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)     71 MG Midget       *
* Visit the Nickel & Dime Racing website at               *
* http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080        *