Re: Frontline REAR shocks

To: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Subject: Re: Frontline REAR shocks
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 22:11:44 -0500
Cc: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Tom Shirley wrote:

> Ulix Goettsch wrote:
> >
> > Hi, it's me again - he who still hasn't bought shocks, but can't shut up
> > about them.
> > I am considering to order Frontline shock kits for front and rear from the
> > UK.  Including UPS, it's about $820 for everything - ouch!
> > They use AVO shocks now which supposedly work better for the Spridget.
> > I know enough about their front kit, but they have one for the rear that
> > mounts the shock _vertically_ !
>
> A friend of mine has tube shocks on the front and rear of his 67 AH
> Sprite. The shocks are from a Vette and are short. The car handles great
> and the ride is decent. He fabricated the supports himself and I have
> the plans that he drew up and used. If there were enough response, I
> might consider offering the plans for a nominal fee (e.g. $10). Is
> anyone interested?

I have heard of this in the past. Vette shocks and/or Chevy pick up truck shocks
and you just switch the leaf spring brackets from right side of car to left side
and vice versa and you have a $40 tube shock conversion.

Any body have the details?
I have also heard that "drivers" who convert to tube shocks revert to levers. I
know of 3 personally, then again another friend (female) loves the ride with
tube
shocks, she is not a "driver" (her husband hates them)
This is just what I have heard, I have not (or will not) convert to tubes.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites