RE: Great places to drive

To: Nory@webtv.net (Nory), squeedle@khoral.com (Shannon Wells)
Subject: RE: Great places to drive
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 09:35:13 -0800
Cc: ckotting@iwaynet.net (Chris Kotting), spridgets@Autox.Team.Net (spridgets@autox.team.net)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well I'm going to suggest my favourite little run, wich is Hwy 18 in
souther California.  If you're down this way, take a drive up Hy330 towards
Big Bear, then pick up Hwy 18 East into Big Bear.  The first town you hit
will be Running Springs, and you might want to stope there for a bit and
let the engine cool afoter a that 20 mile uphill pull.  Try Toto's Mexican
food, or Lloyds for more conventional fare.

The views on 330 and 18 are spectacular, and in the early morning, from 330
it looks like one of those chinese hillscape paintings.  Your passenger
will get to enjoy the views alot more than you will though, because you'll
be having too much fun going through the turns.

Every summer Big Bear has a classic car show, maybe it's time there were a
few nice restored spritgets joining the crowd.  On the upside for this
show, many of the owners drive their cars up.  It's been nice seeing the
Model A' & T and such on the road, but someone needs to show them what a
real car is <g>

When Gidget is done, I'm gonna take her there.

Greg
'62 Midget
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats