Re: Weber Help / SUs

To: "Randell Jesup" <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Weber Help / SUs
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:40:18 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Notice Brian said twin SUs vs a single Weber. With split webers
you'll make more power again.

The reason is almost certainly due to the shape of Weber manifolds
The distance b/n the inlet ports on the A series head is greater
than the distance between the throats of the weber. This puts a
slightly outward bias on the airflow and results in the center cylinders
running a little leaner than the outer two cylinders.

Using highly modified SUs or a pair of webers (each using only one
throat), you can get "straight" airflow into the inlet chambers. This
even mixture can produce an extra 1 or 2 HP in a top race motor.

Let me make the point this is one of the least effective HP/$ things
you can do. Don't even think about it unless you already have more
than 130HP.

Mike