Re: fact or fiction

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: fact or fiction
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 09:45:51 -0800
Cc: Healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, Team Thicko List <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You must remember that 99.9% of the people on this list are not so
intense as to care whether some "name" is posing in a two-door or
four-door.  Neither do they care whether Dennis Healey or Jeff Healey
made a comment about a badge.  Interest in such ephemera is very
narrowly limited, and differing views can be easily debated.

Unfortunately, a such a broad-based blast at what one person considers
"wrong" serves only to inhibit the wide-ranging and free-flowing
discussion that can benefit everyone except those who need no more
knowledge.  I fear that as a result of the post, far fewer people will
be prepared to venture into the discussion.

Like Frank Clarici and his Service Tool 101 (big hammer), I have long
relied on my Tijuana Whitworth (crescent wrench).  The bottom line is,
"book correct" or not,  whether they get the job done.  If they do, they
are correct.

Now, in the absence of any "facts" in any manual, I want opinion on how
to remove a seized crankshaft pulley retaining bolt.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California

(And I would like to make it clear that the President did NOT have any
relations in my Sprite.  Although my Sprite may be the only one to make
that claim.)