Re: fact or fiction

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: fact or fiction
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 17:55:33 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
After reading this thread I have to speak my mind.

I am probably guilty of some of the accusations about mis-information.

I give my opinions whether right or wrong but will ALSO inform the list
that "This was not original" or "It worked for me"
Example: the recent grease vs oil in a steering rack thread.
I use grease, the book says oil. Grease has worked for me for 26 years.
I also try to help people find an alternative part, usually safer then the
40 year old original but at 1/2 the cost.
Alternator vs Generator...Halogen headlights vs Lucas headlights.
I have never, nor ever will tell anybody to skimp on brakes, in fact I
always inform people to rebuild with genuine Lockheed kits and not cheapo
repro kits and to change the brake hoses.
I also am a big fan of "service tool #101" A big hammer! Hey, it works for
me! I can not afford 20,000 dollars worth of obsolete specialty tools so I
improvise. And if I wreck something this way or damage it I will inform the
list as to my results.

I don't race my cars so exacting tolerances are not that critical to me.
I do drive for fun and I drive hard, I have never had a Sprite leave me
stranded. Just about everything can be fixed road side with a screwdriver,
pliers, and a big hammer.

So if I am guilty of any mis-information, I'm sorry, just trying to help.

Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98
For more info on Sprite Rush, the 40th anniversary of the Sprite
Check out my home page  http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut