Re: Left Lane Cruiser!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Left Lane Cruiser!
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 23 Feb 1998 23:23:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca> writes:
>> You guys are outta ya minds....   I do 70 MPH in the Midget and it feels
>> like I'm doing 100 !!!    Safety Fast enuf for me !!

>  I've had mine up to around 80mph and that was plenty. I hit a
>tiny scratch in the chalk on the road and thought I was going
>to roll the car 17 times.

        I was coming back from an SCA event (Pennsic 11, 1982ish) in a
Corvette-yellow '66 Sprite with fender flares and Joie Chitwood B-60/13
tires on widened steel rims (I'm _not_ making this up), passing an
18-wheeler at 85 mph, going down a hill into Scranton, PA, holding the
steering wheel for all I was worth because it had a steering shake above
60mph (toe-out), having only driven it 50 miles before going on this
1000-mile round-trip, and all I could think of was the Harry Chapin
'bananas' song....

        Ah, youth...  :-)

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com