Re: MGB/Spitfire Brakes

To: "Chris Kotting" <ckotting@iwaynet.net>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB/Spitfire Brakes
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:20:47 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chris

The "Big Brake Conversion" is not exactly a "bolt on" operation.  The MGB
calipers require some modification, although you can get pre-modified ones
from Mini Mania for a little more money.  The conversion requires
modification to the end of the shock arm and either bending the steering arm
or fabricating a large spacer to relocate the arm out of the way of the
larger rotor.  The modification to the shock arm is required to clear the
rotor at full lock.

Larry Miller