RE: MGB/Spitfire Brakes

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGB/Spitfire Brakes
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:42:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
When I spoke with the folks at Winner's Circle, I got the impression that
their kit was pretty much a "bolt on".  However, y'all have obviously
>>>done<<< the conversion, whereas I've only read/heard about it, so I'll
defer to your experience.

Thanks for the clarification, and my apologies to the list for any
confusion I've caused.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net

On Tuesday, February 24, 1998 10:21 AM, Larry and Sandi Miller
[SMTP:millerls@email.msn.com] wrote:
> Chris
>
> The "Big Brake Conversion" is not exactly a "bolt on" operation.  The MGB
> calipers require some modification, although you can get pre-modified
ones
> from Mini Mania for a little more money.  The conversion requires
> modification to the end of the shock arm and either bending the steering
arm
> or fabricating a large spacer to relocate the arm out of the way of the
> larger rotor.  The modification to the shock arm is required to clear the
> rotor at full lock.
>
> Larry Miller

Brake
> >Conversion").  It's pretty much a bolt-on once you have the parts.
> >
> >IMHO, it's great for racing, but us "street racers" don't need it
(though
> >that's not keeping it off my "gee, I wanna do this" list).
> >
> >Later,
> >
> >Chris Kotting
> >ckotting@iwaynet.net
> >
> >On Monday, February 23, 1998 8:41 PM, Tom Shirley
> >[SMTP:tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net] wrote:

> >know
> >>
> >> I must have missed this. Can someone fill me in on this conversion?
What