RE: Oil Cooler Fit and Cleaning

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Oil Cooler Fit and Cleaning
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:32:29 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Depends on where in the circuit the cooler is relative to the filter.  If
the cooler is before the filter, than it will tend to accumulate crud.

Even so, since some crud is small enough to pass through the filter (that's
why oil turns black) a used oil cooler can be pretty arteriosclerotic.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net

On Thursday, April 30, 1998 2:10 PM, Derek Harling
[SMTP:derek.lola@sympatico.ca] wrote:
> > > 2.  How do you clean out an oil cooler and tubing that has been
opened up to grime and dust and spiders for some time?

> > You don't.  How much is your engine worth?  Scrap that cooler.  In
fact, I'd scrap most any cooler of unknown parentage.  Who knows what sort
of accident may have exploded into its oil in the past.  With lots of
little bits just waiting to dislodge into your motor!