Re: Oil Cooler Fit and Cleaning

To: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Oil Cooler Fit and Cleaning
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:14:20 -0400
Cc: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, Matt Liggett <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Derek Harling wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the oil cooler is usually *after* the oil filter...
>
> Bad design.
> If that's how spridgets were designed I'm glad I left England.

  My B works that way. Frankly, I think everything does.

  If you think about it, it has a lot of positive points. The
oil pump generates a lot of pressure to cross over the oil
filter element. The oil cooler and wiring would have to operate
at a higher pressure if it was upstream of the filter.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/