Re: winshield post

To: ldsp@flash.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: winshield post
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 03:18:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Leo Wrote
>Hi again everyone: While getting ready for a windshield and redoing the

>frame & posts I had the posts stripped, There was a coat of grayish silver

>paint on them originally, Is this the correct coating or are they supposed

>to be polished then clear anodized which will dull the polish and turn them

>gray silver in color?

The windshield post were originally a gray silver, someone in the group
probably has a color code if you want the correct color so you can paint them.
If you are not going for points then you may want to consider powder coating
the post.  There is a color available that I would be pressed to tell the
difference from the original. The problem that we have experienced is with the
screws which hold the post on.  From the factory the post and screws were
painted in place on the car.  I do not know how this was done but we had to
chip the paint away from the screws when we removed ours - we are the only
owner of our car.  Anyway we had the heads of the screws powder coated along
with the post.  After a couple of years rust is showing on the heads of the
screws.  I do not know of anyway to install the screws with out doing some
damage to the finish.  Maybe this is one reason people chose to polish the
post.

Good Luck

Bob and Ann
60 Sprite