Re: winshield post

To: ldsp@flash.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: winshield post
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 06:09:30 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-08-08 00:33:25 EDT, ldsp@flash.net writes:

<< While getting ready for a windshield and redoing the
 frame & posts I had the posts stripped, There was a coat of grayish silver
 paint on them originally, Is this the correct coating or are they supposed
 to be polished then clear anodized which will dull the polish and turn them
 gray silver in color?  >>

Hi Leo and Listers,
The windshield posts were originally painted silver.  Let me know if you need
the PPG color code.  Basically they were painted the same color as the wheel
rims.  Warnning in that the correct color is a bear to paint as it takes a
good thirty coats to get a solid covering.  This because when properly thinned
is almost translucent.  The result though is very very nice.  Worth the
effort.

george marios
sprite MKII
AN6