Re: winshield post

To: Bkitterer@aol.com, ldsp@flash.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: winshield post
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 06:17:38 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-08-08 03:20:50 EDT, Bkitterer@aol.com writes:

<< Anyway we had the heads of the screws powder coated along
 with the post.   >>

Bob and Ann, with the greatest respect I must disagree.  You were very lucky.
I would not recommend powder coating the posts!   The posts are cast and are
full of air bubbles which when exposed to the intense heat of powder coating
has a distinct tendency to crack and break.  Your right about the bolts
rusting though.  Mine are after only about a year.  Found that Eastwoods
product Nylac clear coating (comes in a spay can)  works really well.  Have
used it on brake /clutch lines, bolts (not the pillar bolts) and have not seen
any rust forming on the coated pieces.

george marinos
sprite MKII AN6
glen rock, nj