music in a Sprite (64-on)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: music in a Sprite (64-on)
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:50:06 +0300
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
What do you people do for listening to some music in your
post-64 Spridgets?

I bought the radio panel and grille (not so cheap) only to
find out that:

1. All modern radio-cassette players are too deep to fit,
I guess older radios were shallower because they didn't have
a cassette mechanism in them - nobody sells such things here
anymore

2. It is absolutely impossible to find an oval speaker that
has holes where the chrome grille threaded legs are, i.e.
91mm X 171mm. This, again, was an older size speaker, extinct.

3. I'd hate to drill the nice trim, but, hey, some sacrifice
would have to be made.

Then I got one of those plastic radio boxes/holders from a general
car accessory shop, only to find out it's impossible to attach it
anywhere under the dashboard.

Under the parcel shelf? That's made of paper! It can't even hold
a camera without bending.

So, I'd like to hear your ideas on modern radio placement options
in a post-64 Sprite. Ideally I'd like a radio-CD player and a pair
of 16mm speakers on the rear bulkhead (reinforced with wood).

My car is a 1966 Sprite, negative ground.

Cheers
Evangelos