Re: Taking a 67 Sprite out of deep storage...

To: M Brouillette <mbrouill@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Taking a 67 Sprite out of deep storage...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 17:47:34 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
M Brouillette wrote:

>   I have the chance to buy a 67 Sprite with 23K miles, that has been stored
> in a heated warehouse for 25 years!

All other replys hold true for a car sitting this long.
Check everything, even the shocks and springs will need replacing.
And what about the body and paint. if it's not perfect, you can add the
price of a paint job too.
A MK IV Sprite realistically brings $5000 in very good shape, paint nice
and shiney, good chrome, and running, driving, and stopping.
I personally think the price is too high for a car sitting that long.
I have a totally restored, and rebuilt drivtrain Mini that has been for
sale all summer on a busy ocean front hiway and I can't seem to get the
asking price of $5000 for it. It is shiney red and can be driven away!

For what it's worth
Frank Clarici
Lots of LBCs
http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut