3 phone calls (a little long)

To: "spridgeteers" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 3 phone calls (a little long)
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 10:18:14 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
2 children napping at once(!).  Reflecting on my week of parts supplier
dealings, here are near-transcripts of 3 phone calls with three different
suppliers.  Guess which 2 I'll be calling again.

1) Called British Parts NW-
R: "Hey Greg - Its Ron in Florida"
BPNW: "Hey! How's the 1275 Rebuild going?  Keeping the receipts from the
Mrs., I hope?"
R: "Great - but the rocker shaft and bushings you sent are for the wrong
type of rocker.  They're 5 thousandths too loose.  Do you have the other
type?"
BPNW: "Oops - I didn't see that note about these parts not fitting original
rockers.  My bad, send em back.  Didn't mean to poke you.  I don't have any
more on hand - it'll be a few days.  Hey, I think Mini Mania has whole new
assemblies for $90 or so.  You should jump on that!"

2)      Called Skip at Shadetree
R: "Skip, it's Ron in FL."
S: "Hey, I was going to call you.  I spoke to Pierce manifolds and I got a
contact for you. One of their Weber experts gave me his phone extension in
case you need any tech info."
R: "Great! About the Weber, the air cleaner is wrong.  It doesn't fit over
the air horns. Its part number xxx."
S: " Damn, I knew the 15 year old on the phone when I ordered it for you
didn't understand.  Keep it  for your trouble - I'll get the right one to
you ASAP".

3)      Called Victoria British
VB: "Please state catalog from which you have obtained price data."
R: "SM 23."
VB: "Incorrect. Should be SM 25. Will this be MC, Visa, or AMEX?".
R: "MC.  I need some decals and nameplates.  Putting the final touches on a
rebuild.  Also need some hoses.  I have the part numbers. Ready?"
VB: "Will the billing address be the same as the delivery address?"
R: "Yes".
VB: "And what is that"
R: " Address is …"
VB:"Name as it appears on the card"
R: "Ron...."
VB: "Card number and expiration date."
R: "Not til you give me price and availability information".
VB: "Sir, I can't place your order without billing information. Card number
and expiration date."
R: "But I haven't placed an order.  If I have the wrong catalog, I want to
make sure prices are ok and parts are still available."
VB: "I need your card number and expiration date."
R: <<CLICK>>