Re: 3 phone calls (a little long)

To: GMari58175@aol.com
Subject: Re: 3 phone calls (a little long)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 00:29:54 -0400
Cc: spritenut@Exit109.com, redlotus@spacey.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
GMari58175@aol.com wrote:
> Also Home Depot
> does not offer lower prices.  Their margins are significantly higher than the
> independent retail dealer!  It's the public perception that they sell (very
> well I might ad).

  Well, perhaps their margins are high, but their costs must
be incredibly low because at least around here their prices
kill everything. I saved enough on my compressor to buy
a fleet of air tools. I saved enough wiring my garage to
pay for the first coat of paint I'll apply in it.

  Call me Darwinistic, but he who wins shall be the winner,
and when you put a store on my street corner that has everything
I need at super prices, I call that "winning" and award them
my business as a prize.

  You can argue that a country is built on Ma and Pa operations,
but I think it is more accurate to say that a country is built
on business. Destroying the competition is business at it's
best, and if the competition is Ma and Pa, well, that's life.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933