Re: Exhaust Systems - Advice needed

To: robert@woozy.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Systems - Advice needed
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:49:16 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a 3 -1 header (not optimal) that you can have for the cost of
shipping.  Old Chrome.  Works.  Basically free.  I have the same one in a
car right now...strange how if you don't need one you always get one
extra with a parts car!

>From that I ran a 2" tube. Basically a 90 degree bend and straight back.
 For mufflers I am using a really small Thrush..I can get a PN if you
want it.. that sits vertically between the front bulkhead  (next to the
front spring hanger) and the rear axle.  (like I said this is a really
small muffler!) then a custom bent pipe to exit off the back.

Sounds great, didn't seem to cut HP too much over the glasspack I had on
it.  Actually seemed to increase low end torque.  Rest of the motor is
ported heads cams, big valves, big pistons....ao YMMV.

Can't tell you about rust and the muffler.

This car drags ANY exhaust as it is too low.  Nearly ripped the thing off
last weekend.

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA  73-74 Midget

Central Virginia MG Classics  WWW.CENTRALVAMG.COM
RICHMOND BRITISH CAR DAYS ---September 18th and 19th, 1999
Send me your snail mail and I'll get you on the mailing list.