Rear Axle Leak

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear Axle Leak
From: shk <shk@qnet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:22:52 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ok, popular consensus has me convinced that the oil seal in my rear
hub is leaking.  The nut has LH stamped on it, so I will assume the
driver's side of the car has the left hand thread on it.  It has been
suggested I also replace the bearing while I'm in there.  I've never
had this apart, so what can I expect?  Obviously I'm going to have to
take off the nut, and the bearing looks like it sits right behind the
lockwasher.  How tight is the nut, and how do I extract the bearing
once the nut is removed?  And does anyone know what size the nut is?