Re: DOT 3 fluid different in USA to UK

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: DOT 3 fluid different in USA to UK
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:36:39 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 10/15/98 3:56:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

<< In England where these little cars were
 first invented and made there are no recorded problems with short brake seal
 life or brake fluid problems that I have ever come across when using DOT 3
 fluid.  The brakes were designed to be used with DOT 3 fluid because no other
 fluid had been invented at that time.  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's interesting.  There must be a different formulation of brake fluid over
there and the same DOT number was used.  (Let me turn that around.  Maybe WE
made the different formulation, and used the same number!)  That also would
explain why there is so much confusion about the DOT numbers and brake fluid
types with our group.

As for the rudeness you encountered, I don't think there is any excuse for it.
We are all learning, that's why we post questions.  As I am getting older I
have realized that there are no real experts on anything!  Gather as much
information as you can and take your best shot.  In the end, experience is the
great teacher.

Please keep on posting here.  You have already added to my knowledge.  Thanks.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport