Re: DOT 3 fluid different in USA to UK

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: DOT 3 fluid different in USA to UK
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:42:29 -0500EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel,

Great to have you on the list!  Sorry that your first experiences
were less than inviting.  Many of us enjoyed meeting and learning
from you at SpriteRush.  As Alan has said, it is unfortunate that the
entire list wasn't at Carlise in May to meet you and learn to
appreciate your knowledge of Sprites.

However, there is no excuse for not exercising good manners and I
apologize for those comments which could have stated their arguments
without being abrasive.  Like Frank, I get these sort of responses
with regularity.  However in my case, this is because I rarely have
any idea of what I am getting into.  All in all, I have always found
the list to put up with my 'baby' problems and give me the answers I
need.  You've got to remember that I'm the guy that thought his trip
odometer was broken because he didn't know to TURN the knob AFTER you
push it in!

Please stick with the list.  I am sure that the list will quickly
learn to appreciate your experiences.  I've got to tell you though -
there is no way I'm grinding the rain guards on my windshield frame
down so I can achieve 24 square inches less of frontal wind
resistance in an effort to exceed the 120 mph barrier.  If I'm doing
120 mph in my Sprite, you can bet that a semi-truck has just hit me
in the ass-end and I'm in a dead fall over a cliff.

Your friend,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
Lexington, KY