Re: Part 2 - Torqueing the Head

To: "Brian Thornton" <bthor@master.adams.com>, <Bkitterer@aol.com>, <dhiley@cadvision.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Part 2 - Torqueing the Head
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:33:56 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Head gaskets fail sometimes.

Over here, we don't use the copper/asbestos gaskets  any more -
we use the Metro Turbo head gasket. It has been holding up on
very high compression race engines much better than the old
competition head gaskets.

It has a tacky finish both sides, so all you have to do is carefully
prep both surfaces and torque up.

Mike