Re: tops (bonnets)

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: tops (bonnets)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 20:15:23 -0400
Cc: Danny Rendleman <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> Yes, let's discuss this!
> I have a fairly new Crown top.  I think this might be the cheapest brand
> out there.  It doesn't fit very well.  The rear area, window etc. is not
> tight.  Worse, it fits badly around the side windows, allowing drafts.
> I looked at two other Spridget tops yesterday and they both fit well
> around the side windows.
> What brands are there anyway?
> - AMCO
> - Robbins
> - Crown
>
> Who knows others and can comment?

I wish I could remember the name of the company where I got my tops 3
years ago.
1 tan with only one large back window (I ordered it this way) and the
other top is blue, it has the 3 back windows. Each top was only $135 and
they fit perfect, were of excellent quality vinly but not of the
"leather look" grained vinyl. These tops are "cloth look" vinly.
They came from a large upholstry joint in New Jersey (up by George).
The tan top never seen much use and was sold with the green Sprite, the
blue top is always in use since I do not have a right hand drive tonneau
cover and the car never gets garaged. Tree sap, birds, cats sleeping on
it, tools left sitting on it, it cleans up great, looks great, fits
perfect.
It is NOT one that is supplied through the usual places. It's better and
about 1/2 the price.
Sorry I can't remember, I will try to dig out the receipts if I still
have them.

Frank