Re: a Very Sad thing

To: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Subject: Re: a Very Sad thing
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 20:34:17 -0400
Cc: GMari58175@aol.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM wrote:

> Ref:  Your note of Thu, 22 Oct 1998 18:23:17 EDT
>
> >>On the lighter side of a tragic situation...the bugeye would clear the
> >>underside of the trailer, assuming the rear bumper and axles had been
>removed
>
>   Years ago there was a photograph in the back of Road&Track(?) of a
> square-bodied Spridget parrallel-parked UNDER the trailer of a
> tractor-trailer rig parked at a curb.  It was under it at about where
> the spare tire rack would have been if the trailer had had one.
>   The car was obviously there deliberately, and I believe had it's top up.
>      Ed in NC

When I was a younger man, I knew the truck driver at my place of
employment. I was about to leave work when he blocked my 67 Sprite with
his rig.
I asked him to move so I could get out, he said "drive under" so I did!
The car will clear (top down) but I did bend my antenna.

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
Lots of LBCs
http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut