Re: Electronic Ignition

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:11:57 -0500
Cc: zurschmeidej@interactivenw.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> In the UK the ignitor is marketed by another company and I have heard reports
> that it tends not to last as long as more expensive electronic ignition
> systems - especially so on the race track.  Any comments please.
>
> Daniel

I have an Ignitor in my A40 (stock 1275) and it was perfect for 6 months
when it decided to "act up".
The problem (I think) was it was moving around inside the dizzy. Like
Jeff, I drilled a second mounting hole, tapped the dizzy plate and
installed a 2nd mounting screw. It's back in the car and has been
working fine. May be just a minor design flaw, not sure, mine was
missing at random, the 2nd screw fixed it.

As for indexing spark plugs, been there, done that, and can't be
bothered with it anymore. No noticeable improvement. And I have gone as
far as removing the head to set the plugs just so.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ