Re: Public drafting, was Re: a Very Sad thing

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Subject: Re: Public drafting, was Re: a Very Sad thing
From: Carl Elliott <grunt2@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 12:04:35 -0500
Cc: "'Jeff Boatright'" <jboatri@emory.edu>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm not going to defend my point, But I'm on the road for a living well over
20 yrs,And I may have misled you to believing I do this for sport,
During rushour. I'm thr guy with the big wrecker pulling the bus or semi from
the wreck, We dont deal with anything under 38,000 lbs.I have made the
statements about SUVs because of the results I have wittnessed
which were caused by these vechiles. I live in an area where many people need
4 WD to make their living. SUVs and the tremendous demand for them have made
it impossable for these poor folks that make their living from the bays or the
farms to replace them due to cost. And the face that these are trucks, And
most of the people buying them don't relise or know this. They try to drive
them like the family car, The result being accidents that make even the most
Hardened troopr cry. The hours I am are on the road going to or from work and
when the occasion arrises to draft,
Well me and the bus are the only two out there. 99%  of you are in bed
enjoying a good nights sleep. I do not take what I do lightly, And I do thank
you for your input, Nor would I ever put someone in danger
for a thrill, Except for me, ie  skydiving,skindiving Motor cycle racing ,
Drag racing ect. Have done them all.So again sorry if you took my statement as
that of a thrill seeker, You can draft and allow for a margin of safety. I
must be nuts I love LBCs, And know all too well the results of road ignorance,
Everything from guys killing them selfs from impropley jacking and supporting
a vechile to over confidence, and worst of all the guy or girl who only had
one beer or drink. Carl E.