Re: Carbs

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carbs
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 11:11:19 -0500EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,

Thanks for the info.  Several others have suggested that I get David
Vizard's book.  For now, I will just rebuild the 1 1/8 carbs.  Others
have told me that I need a head from a 1098, not a 1275.  I really
need to get the book.

To clearify, the Datsun 5-speed is going on my '66 which does have a
1275.

Thanks,
Paul

> From:          "William M. Schickling" <bugeye@dreamscape.com>

> Whoa !
>
> Those of us with 948's and 1 1/4 carbs would beg to differ with a some of
> the responses being offered here. The 948 with 1 1/4 carbs is a great setup
> with a ton of get up and go. I have two. The Bugeye will do 80 and the MkII
> will do 85.
>
> You do not have to port the head just to use this carb and manifold setup.
>
> But you would have to recess the block to allow 1275 valves to clear the
> deck of the block.
>
> One good piece of advice is to get David Vizard's book.
>
> All this said. I wouldn't bother with the 948 if your going to put that 5
> speed in there.
>
> Go all the way with a 1275, Weber and the Datsun tranny. Then send me all
> the 948 stuff. I could use the spares.
>
> Bill Schickling

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
Lexington, KY