Re: Travel through NY City

To: pauld@ekpc.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Travel through NY City
From: Grossac@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:07:02 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Paul, I live on Long Island and have to do the Bridges thing every time I want
to tow my bugeye to any track.  No bridges forbid trailors, except during high
wind events.  Listen to WCBS (880 am) WINS (1010) for news of closings and
road reports;  they both do them every 10 minutes.  My personal preference
when going north like to the Glen is to take the Tappen Zee rather than the
George Washington since I hate the Cross Bronx Expressway (its rough, full of
holes and is frequently at near-standstill or worse due to accidents or heavy
traffic.)  The GWB forces you onto the CBE, while the TZ lets you bypass it by
taking 287.  That said, memorize your maps so you can jump onto alternatives,
try not to make the crossing during rush (crunch) hour, and enjoy the trip!
Chris Gross, 60 Bugeye vintage racer.