Re: Stuck head, 77 Midget, the saga continues

To: Herold Faulkner <faulkner@redshift.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck head, 77 Midget, the saga continues
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:04:34 -0500
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Herold Faulkner wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I know this is going to sound like I'm asking a dumb question but:
>
> Are you absolutely certain that you have removed ALL of the head
> bolts/studs?  How many were there?  I mean this seems like way too much (not
> that I need to tell you that!) Unless the PO used superglue to seal the
> gasket I can't imagine lifting the front of the car.
>
> There, I've asked.  Sorry, if I'm questioning you but sometimes with these
> really weird problems the answer is obvious if we just step back.  Not
> always, though.

Hal,

Fair question.  Sometimes the obvious is not so obvious.  Yes I am sure
I have gotten all of the head bolts and stud out.  There were 10 total.
There is nothing else bolted to the head as far as I can tell.  But if
anyone can think of anything I might have missed I am more than willing
to listen.  The only thing left in the head is the valves, the two
studs that hold on the valve cover, and the three studs that hold on the
rocker arm.  Neither of those studs pass though the head.  I left the
car suspended from the head last night and sprayed the seam around the
head with PB Blaster.  Maybe the thing will be loose when I get home.
Yeah right.

------
Bill Gilroy
wmgilroy@lucent.com

77 Midget - Held together with a new type of super glue.
90/89 Shar Pei
No cats

--
William M. Gilroy