Re: Stuck head, 77 Midget, the saga continues

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Stuck head, 77 Midget, the saga continues
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 03:13:52 -0500
Cc: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> Bill,
> I just want to point out one little thing so that you don't fell so bad.
> The potential water in your cylinder is doing exactly what you were trying
> to do with the rope in the cylinder.  Of course the rope is still more
> compressible than water...

  I wouldn't worry about bent rods.

  Bent rods usually happen with the engine at speed, so
the whole momentum of the CAR is used to compress the
incompressable and the rod takes the worst of it.

  I don't the starter has nearly enough torque to
bend a rod.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca