Re: Radiator Stuff

To: mrbugeye@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Radiator Stuff
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 11:22:47 EST
Cc: redlotus@spacey.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
As far back as a 1933 Plymouth I had, it had a water distribution shelf
inside the top expansion tank.  I have often wondered why the Sprodget
and Morris downflows never had any.  Perhaps cost.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com

On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 03:22:31 PST "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
writes:
>Ron,
>   You are correct about designs being more important than type. With
>proper baffling and end cap sizing, neither design is inherently
>better.
>The spridget downflow has relatively large tanks on the top and bottom
>
>compared to most other cars.
>Good Discussion.
>Regards,
>Peter.
>
>>From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
>>
>>You're right on, Pete.  With "mal-distribution" as you described the
>>effective area of the core is diminished and its as if you installed
>>smaller radiator.  What will also happen in what you've described is
>that
>>the system backpressure will increase (more flow thru less area) and
>the
>>overall system flow will diminish.  The point I was trying to make is
>
>that
>>neither concept is inherently better than the other.  Specific
>designs
>of a
>>particular type will be better than others.

Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use
from Juno, the world's second largest online service.
Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html.