Re: Mine scares me, it likes the speed

To: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Mine scares me, it likes the speed
From: David Wood <dewood@sentex.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:03:47 -0500
Cc: Bkitterer@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All!

        My Frogeye likes to boot along rather well.  I had thought about the 5
spd. conversion but after what driving I had done the 4 spd with the
1278 (or whatever it may really be) seems to run fine.  I'll get a
better idea next summer with some more driving.

        What sort of scared me was how resposive the little thing was to where
I steered it.  I was in the midst of accelerating when I steered to
avoid a rock (fair sized) in the road.  It went immediately where ever I
over corrected, nary a tire broke away.  When I finally got it stopped
and my heart started I thought to myself that that must have been the
'twitchiness' I had heard about with the 1/4 elliptic cars.

        Is this normal or a sign that maybe something else is shot.  I thought
the shocks were alright.  I can drive a straight line bumpy road fine
and the bounce test seemed alright.

        Catch you later!

--
            David E. Wood       v               / |\    |\\