Re: Antique License Plates

To: endicott@nashville.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Antique License Plates
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:11:09 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/14/99 10:23:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
endicott@nashville.com writes:

<< It is about that time again to renew the license tags on my Midget.
 Last year the "nice lady" at the license branch suggested that I could
 save a lot of money ($25 for a lifetime tag) if I purchased "Antique"
 plates.  As I understand the law, cars licensed as antique are to be
 driven only in parades and other special events.  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm in Pennsylvania.  Here you can register a car as Classic if it's 15 years
old or Antique if it's 25.  A Classic still requires state safety inspection
but is exempt from emissions inspection.  Antiques are exempt from all
inspections, but are limited to daylight driving unless the lights are
adequate on the car.  They are very vague about the requirements.

For both registrations they limit you on driving, and they clarify it as
"driving once a week."  So if you take it out on Monday and bring it back on
Sunday, you are okay!

Remember, if you are questioned about where you are going in the antique, you
can always say that you just fixed something and you are testing it.  If you
use the excuse that you are on your way to a show, there better be a show!

Allen Hefner #51
'77 Midget (Classic!)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (Jealous of the Classic)