Re: Bugeye Door Pockets

To: "Leo S." <ldsp@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Door Pockets
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:22:56 -0700
Cc: Bob Frato <bobfrato@bright.net>, "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,
     I got the Moss kit also and threw out the foam pieces.  I do not know what
they are for, unless Moss thinks you want to customize your pockets and "pad"
them.  The rest of what you have is correct,  I took picture frame matting and
traced the old cardboard inner "U" shaped piece and cut it out with an x-acto
knife.  The thickness is almost the same.  I glued the metal piece on top  and
then used 3M-77 contact glue to first glue the u shaped pieces I cut out, then
the vinyl over all.  It should look like the vinyl was vacuum formed over the
metal top piece and matting doubler you cut out, so there is a center depression
about the same shape as the pocket.  There are supposed to be 2 pop rivets at
the bottom and two cup washers and screws with nuts at the top through holes in
the flange of the door you mount the pocket on.  At least, my research has
turned up this combination.  Don't forget, there is supposed to be a slight
curve in the top metal piece towards the inside of the car.
Good luck.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite