Re: 1500 engines

To: Ronsoave@aol.com, TGElliott@infoave.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 engines
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 07:34:18 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/23/99 11:19:11 PM EST, Ronsoave@aol.com writes:

<< as anyone actually had any of trouble that is
 >  supposed to plague this engine? >>

Once I got my 1500 mechanically sound it has run pretty much like a top.
When I bought Taz, the PO had taken her to a DPM (Dumb Previous Mechanic) who
had installed not only the clutch plate backwards, which beat the flywheel
bolts into submission, but also the oil thrower backwards.  Wonder if he
mighta been a Dyslexic Previous Mechanic?

Anyway, on the way to the forum, I also replaced the tranny, which was
damaged by the rampaging flywheel, and replaced all teh lower bearings and
seals.  No leaks, and the engine sounds very very good.  That was, mmmmmmmm,
probably at least 5,000 miles ago.  Took a road trip from near Knoxville to
Lexington--ran beautifully!

I push the little demon pretty hard off stop lights and through the
gears--although I dont push for red line revs on the tach.  So no, Ron, I
haven't had any problems with my 1500.  I rather like it.  Now if I can only
get my '67 Sprite finished so I can drop in my completed 1275 I can compare
the two.

--David