Re: 1500 engines

To: "Travis G Elliott" <TGElliott@infoave.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 engines
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 08:03:37 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Travis,
I agree with Adrian,
This is basically a sound engine if carefully assembled, but I guess most
engines will fail at some time if not put together properly.  Having said
that I have had head gaskets blow between #2 and #3 cylinders on my (mildly)
tuned 1500 Midget, and more than once!  The wall here is very thin as the
engine design started out as an 805cc block, and was gradually enlarged
through 998cc, 1296cc and finally 1500cc.
Personally I think that the sound of an A series engine is nicer !
Guy
1500 Midget
1275 Sprite