Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know

To: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know
From: Bruce Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:25:57 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

I have been running Cosmo (With the current broken axle) In very stock
condition. He still has the original replacement fuses in the box and does
fine. Went with rubber bushings and canister oil filter etc when maintaining
him. The
only upgrades have been braided brake lines and a bit of old blue on the valve
cover gasket due to the abuse it gets from valve adjustments. Have the
stock,hard to adjust carbs, solid core plug wires, a few small oil leaks and
modern
radial tires. Cosmo starts in the morning and makes me grin while driving and
as my little brother so simply put it....That part lasted 40 years!
I have a 67 that may get the modern treatment if I find time to pry my butt out
of Cosmo to do all this fun and modern stuff.
Bruce Lowry
Cosmo, 60 Bugeye 76xxx miles, 2500 miles in the last 3 months.