Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:54:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Hi Jay:

I too am a purist at heart, I run my '59 bugeye with very few
modern concessions. Rebuilt 948, smoothcase gearbox, drum brakes
all around, single circuit braking system, H1 carbs, original
fuse box, mechanical tach, positive ground, original steering
wheel, etc. I run on radial tires, my interior has carpets rather
than rubber mats and hardura, I have a modern radio in a custom
center counsel (removeable) and battery, but that's it.

I have a bone stock '62 which has only 1731 original miles but
this is a show car only.  Other than a few replacements (hoses,
respray, and battery) it is completely original including the
original rubber mats and Dunlops. Unlike George MariNOS I have
not emblished my car with period accessories, I've kept it as
found.

I don't know which way I'll proceed with the bugeye. I've thought
about mods, BUT, haven't. The bugeye is my driver and is a lot of
fun as is.

Biff, AN5, 'Kermit' & HAN6, 'Ole Gray'

Permatex, without
>dual-line braking systems, etc. etc. etc. etc.?
>>
>>Are you still running SU's on a stock manifold? An Austin
ribcase on a 1275