Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:39:13 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Jay,

I've had my bugeye since I was 14 (now 40).  It has had some minor mods
over the years but I'm proceeding back to stock.  I finally decided that I
could not improve on the character of the original car.  I've got the
original 1 1/8" SUs, stock (rebuilt) 948, smooth case generator, mechanical
fuel pump......

The only things that I know are not original or repros of original are the
paint (wrong red), plastic heater knob,  various bolts, carpeting (instead
of rubber mats), the battery and missing odds and ends.  I'm working on
those items.

I don't begrudge the rest of the world's right to modify their cars either.
But I enjoy the challenge of restoring the car to factory specs and driving
a vehicle as old as I am.  Nice to hear from someone else who feels the
same way.  If you have any sources for little special items (like a
radiomobile radio, tool set...) I'd love to know them.  I've got a few
sources too if you are lookinf for something.

Herb