Re: Townsend now Britfest

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Townsend now Britfest
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 00:11:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Frank Clarici wrote:

> Amy Turner wrote:
>
> > By the way, is there a problem with the mail server today, or is everyone
>out
> > DRIVING?!
> >

> Well the eastern Spridgeteers attended Britfest 99.
> I can now put a face to Larry Macy and yes he was in Bell Bottoms!
> George, Biff, Larry, Alan Greski, Nick, Myself, and a few others were
> there.
> George and Nick took home trophys in the Sprite class. Biff should have
> but was running a little late (Moss alarm clock Biff?)
> George was "assessorized" complete with skiis on his ski rack!
> A perfect day for it. My Sprite ran perfectly for 220 miles @ 65+ mph.
> So to answer the question about everybody being out driving, YES!!

I was going to go to Britfest 99, sans Midget, which is still missing the
engine and interior (which I pick up next week).  I would have had to take
my
"Jap Jellybean" (TM) but my stupid dog hurt himself and I had to take him
to the vet at 11:30 AM, kind of screwed up the day.  Turned out the dumb
dog wiped out while running got a huge cut and torn one of the tendons in
his
rear knee rendering him three-leg lame.  You guys thought rebuilding an
engine
could be costly, you should get a price on rebuilding your dogs knee!
Yikes!
For a free dog he was over priced :-).  Sorry I missed Britfest.  I will
let
the list know how my interior turned out once I get it back.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget sans engine and interior
90 Shar-Pei sans toe and with one bad wheel

"Jap Jellybean" is a trademark of Frank Clarici Industries