Mostly alive Midget

To: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mostly alive Midget
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:26:29 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi All,

An update for thoe of you who are following the dead Midget saga.  Last
night lister Pat Elliott came over and we set about tracking down the
problem.

After much poking , prodding, unplugging this and plugging in that, we
traced the main problem down to a fusible link connector which is just
off of the fuse box.  Seems the connection was dirty/corroded and lose.
This feeds main power into the fuse box and is upstream of the ignition
switch etc., hence the car being deader than a door nail when that
connection was broken.

    We found another problem, though.  Now the oil pressure, ignition
warning and brake light are on all the time when the car is off and the
key is out.  Normally they are only on just when you first crank the
car.  They all go out when the car is running.

Faulty ignition switch?  Starter Solenoid?  at least now she is running
again.
--
| Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
| Samesq@pacbell.net
| Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
| Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

"Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."