Re: Mostly alive Midget

To: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>, "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mostly alive Midget
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 12:36:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Steve,
        Good news!  If you remember I suggested that the symptoms were of a bad
fusible link, but I wasn't sure there is one on a late Midget.... now we
know. As I also said, I am worried that the brown wire became disconnected
at the fuse box. This would be equivalent to unplugging the alternator (B+)
while the car is running which often results in a "blown" rectifier diode
in the alternator as indicated by the IGN light staying on with car off
(back-feed to light).  Suggest a replacement alternator, or at the least a
rectifier pack.
        Pretty straight forward from here.
        Peter C