Re: fuel system mishaps...

To: tob@taltec.net
Subject: Re: fuel system mishaps...
From: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 19:59:43 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>>... I Really dont want that stuff in my SU carbs.
you sure don't

I'm wondering whats the best
>way to clean it out with the tank in the car... I imagine there are filters
>galore in the fuel line
I don't think ther that high tech. Yhe fuel pump has a screen filter, S.U or
mechanical and there may or may not be one on the tank pickup(I dont know).
I have a replacable inline filter on mine.

If you have an electric fuel pump then you could:
diconnect the line at the carb and pump all the fuel out through an in line
filter and rinse the tank with a bit of the filtered fuel, but you probably
want to clean the fuel pump screen out after that which could be a bit of a
hassle.

Or you could just install a $5 filter in the line and you'll be right.
Andy