Re: fuel system mishaps...

To: toyman@htcomp.net, tob@taltec.net
Subject: Re: fuel system mishaps...
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 06:56:33 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/13/99 6:47:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
toyman@htcomp.net writes:

<< took the tank out,put a small bit of
 water in it(about 1/2 gallon)did like I was panning for gold >>

I have a general restoration manual that suggests putting a handful of gravel
in with the water and it will scour the tank out.  I was wondering if the job
might be easier if you put in the water and the gravel, then just put the
tank in the bed of your truck or other car and let it ride in there for a few
days, especially if you drive curves or truck 4-wheel drive roads.  The
vehicle movement would keep the water and gravel moving around and grind out
the sediment.  Maybe???  Getting all the gravel out might be a bit of a
challenge, but not too bad, if you rinse and wet-vaccuum several times.

--David