Re: fuel system mishaps...

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel system mishaps...
From: Christian Stanton <cstanton@pixley.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:11:39 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If you have the tank out and are scouring it anyway, why not etch and paint the
inside with one of the 'liner' kits.  I bought a kit from J.C.Whitney for about
$35.  You etch the tank first (removed 5 times the crud that just washing with
gravel did) and then paint it with a gasoline resistant rubberized paint.  I
did this on another car I have (non-LBC, an LSC) and was very pleased with the
results.  And it's cheaper than having to rebuild the carbs to get the crud out
of them (this is what I had to do finally).

Christian
'78 Midget
'68 Saab 96