Re: Almost...!

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Re: Almost...!
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:34:08 -0400
Cc: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"J. Adrian Barnes" wrote:

> I am afraid it probably is the solenoid since it is going to be a b*tch to
> remove.  I already hacked off one of my knuckles messing with it yesterday.
>The
> battery is brand spanking new.  I have a new solenoid but have to get the old
> one off first, and it's located conveniently under the heater.  :-(  Oh well,
> I'll learn more tonight, I hope.

Adrian

If it is a bad solenoid you might be able to get around the problem by
giving it a couple of whacks with a hammer.  A rubber mallet should be
fine, but if that fails try the ball peen hammer.  If that allows the
car to start, it should be good for at least a couple of more starts.
This is a good fix to get that last start before you head home, or
park on a hill :-)

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget