RE: My Rear End is Howling, no joking!!

To: "'Kroyell@aol.com'" <Kroyell@aol.com>
Subject: RE: My Rear End is Howling, no joking!!
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:15:53 -0600
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
York ,
Sprite differentials always howl to some degree . It's always more
pronounced with the top up .
If it got way worse in only a day or two , maybe I can help . A few years
ago while driving my Sprite
up the Pacific coast hwy. to the Monterey Historic's the differential
started howling terribly . Especially
when decelerating . I was going to replace the 3rd member in a hotel parking
lot . when I got  the drive
shaft unbolted from the rear flange I noticed a large nut under the flange
had come loose . I tightened
the nut , reassembled the drive shaft , and the noise went back to it's
usual pleasant howl . It has been
running fine ever since . I hope this helps .
Mark Hanna
AN5