Re: Wiper mtr placement

To: Ric Otte <otte@cats.ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: Wiper mtr placement
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:55:05 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ric Otte wrote:

> So what do I need to do to get working windshield wipers?  I found a motor
> off of a later car, and could get a bracket to mount it near the front
> wheel somewhere.  But I'd still need to get a longer wire and tube to run
> to the wipers.  Is this the way to go?  And does anybody know what tube and
> wire to get to run to the wipers?  I'm not sure what to even ask for, since
> later cars had 3 windshield wipers, and mine has two.  And does anybody
> have a good way to describe the best place to mount the motor?

Ric

The later (3 blade) wiper motor mounted on the top of the left inner
fender.
You will need the tube and wiper rack from a 3 blade car.
Position the motor as the rack permits, drill 2 holes and bolt the motor
to the inner fender.
You do not need 3 wipers, you can use your old wheel boxes and under the
dash tube but will need the longer rack and tube from left to motor.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ